Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tough Love

We had to do it. We've let it go far enough. Yes, we are instituting "tough love" on Max. So, I am writing this as I listen to him scream my name from his crib. And why do they always scream for "Mommy"? Never a "daddy" in there. Max has really always been the "easier" baby. Much more laid back. Probably because he's numero dos. But sleep has always been our headache with him. It's not really an issue if you like to spend most of your evening and much of your early morning hours in the rocking chair. As much as I love a good snuggle with my guys, unfortunately there is too much more to be done (like sleep!). So, here we are at 18 months trying to initiate some good sleep habits. And frankly, it sucks. I don't really care to listen to him cry for this long (we are going on 30 minutes....oh, but he's fading. Please God, let him be fading!). Last night it was 45 minutes. The other morning at 3 am, it was well over an hour. My heart breaks a little with each "Mommy", but I'm hanging tough. I have to. I really hope we're getting somewhere.

Next battle....bye bye binky. We may wait until he's 10. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Kelly from Montana said...

Well - I can't hear the crying all the way in MT so it must be getting better??? We still do binky - just to get to sleep. Luke's was gone at 12 months along with the bottle (at least we got rid of that already). We are getting too soft with this cute little guy;)